Wednesday 22 July 2020

Ekiti First Lady, Aides Undergo COVID-19 Tests

The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. Fayemi had been previously tested twice with the results coming out negative.

But on his twitter handle today, Fayemi tweeted: “I took my third COVID-19 test yesterday and it came back positive.

“I am generally okay and I’m already self-isolating at home and receiving the best of care from my medical team.

” I’m delegating critical tasks to my Deputy, Chief Bisi Egbeyemi, but will continue routine duty from home. JKF”.

The Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Yinka Oyebide, also revealed that the first lady, Erelu Bisi Fayemi and all the governor’s personal aides have gone for COVID-19 tests.

“The wife of the governor, Erelu Bisi Fayemi being the closest to the governor and members of the state executive council, including myself as well as personal aides of His Excellency have submitted ourselves for COVID-19 tests.

“Samples have been taken and we are now expecting the results. But none of us is symptomatic as of now, so no cause for alarm”, Oyebide said.