Monday 20 July 2020

Oshiomhole: I’m sorry for making Obaseki Gov

The immediate past National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has apologised to Edo people for supporting Godwin Obaseki to become Governor in 2016.

Oshiomhole spoke on Sunday at his Iyamho hometown in Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo state while being welcomed from Abuja by a crowd of supporters.

He said: “I made a mistake by supporting a man (Obaseki) who has no vision for my people.

“So, I want to correct my mistakes by making sure a servant of God, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, is elected as governor on September 19 this year and to kick the snake out of Government House, Benin.

“From now to September 19, I am here in Edo State, because a political lion that I am, I am not scared of anything.

“The man (Ize-Iyamu) that is coming is not a stranger. He campaigned for me in 2012 and I won all the 18 LGAs of Edo State.

“He knows the roots, unlike the current governor who just became governor and does not know the efforts people made to make him governor.

“We will kick out the MoU governor and replace him with a pastor who will sweep out the coronavirus party (PDP), by the grace of God.”

Oshiomhole also stated all the negative things he said in 2016 about the Edo governorship candidate of APC (Ize-Iyamu), who was then in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), were part of playing politics. (The Nation)